Thursday, March 27, 2008

Ensemble du Jour

The Outfit
I wish that I had a mid-height skirt in brown, black and khaki. I think my skirts are either too long for the look I want sometimes or they're too short for work. I wanted to wear some of my knubby socks before the weather got too warm for it. But I think my skirt was too long for the effect I was going for.

I paired my swingy brown skirt with a brown corduroy blazer over a pink beaded camisole. All three are from Target.



To pick up some of the tones in the shoe I wore my khaki acrylic bracelet with pearls from Etsy.



I love these O Lovlies socks from Sock Dreams. They're very soft but I think the bottom edge of the skirt needs to be higher than the top of these to show them off to the best advantage. The ones I wore are a light pink.



The Focal Point
My colorful Miu Miu brogues. A lot of folks didn't take to the "wings" on these but I really liked them. I thought it gave them a neat element. I like so many things about these heels. They have great interior cushioning, the colors are cool, and I love the masculine elements of the wingtip design.





These were good with the muted tones for Fall, but I they should work well in Spring too. The colors are right for some of the delicate tones. They're a little chunky but the patchwork design and the patent helps them transition a bit. Although I think I will wear them bare-legged, not with any of the sheer hosiery coming into play.

No comments: