Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ensemble du Jour

The Outfit
I planned on being in meetings much of the day, but was also going to have to walk out for a work lunch so I needed to look nice, but be comfy and warm. I'm wearing a pair of black and brown ribbed tights from Wolford that I got years ago in NYC (they last forever!) and a brown heathered v-neck sweater from Target. I'm also wearing a black Target pencil skirt. I did wear a dark brown carved stone necklace from San Francisco's Chinatown. Where did that picture get to?



The Focal Point
But the real fun are a new vintage find from eBay. They are a pair of Sixties-ish two-tone pumps with a great heel and detail. The leather is black and a milk chocolate brown.



It's kind of hard to see, but the little button is actually a knot of leather.



My favorite part is that the back is where the two colors meet.



I got a few pairs on eBay that are just coming in. These fit great and I can't wait to see the others in person.

No comments: