Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Ensemble du Jour

The Outfit
I'm happy with what I'm wearing today, mainly because I like my accent pieces and I'm comfortable too. The clothes are pretty basic - a v-neck knit top from Ann Taylor and a Merona swishy black skirt.



It's pretty chilly today. I'm wearing my vintage white driving gloves that have black stitching. I. Love. Them.



I decided to wear pearl jewelry to pick up on the white elements. I don't wear pearls a lot. This pin looks like a small tree with faux pearls on the branches. It actually was part of a shirt. When I got rid of the shirt I kept the pin. I'm also wearing a simple pearl bracelet.



I'm wearing my vintage satin corded "luncheon" heels. Comfy, pretty and unique.



The Focal Point
What is tying all of this together? What inspired me today? It's my new eBay find - a vintage tweed 3-piece suit. The suit is all of the same material but I thought I would be too warm with the jacket and skirt so I just wore the cape. I don't think I've ever owned a cape before. I like it. It makes you feel very lady-like, especially when you are walking around with gloves on and your arms through the openings as shown in the picture.



I felt very "lady-who-lunches" today with my gloves, shoes and cape. If only I could have been taking a leisurely lunch and then a bit of shopping. Instead it was home-work-home. I did pop out for a bit of lunch, so I guess that is something. I don't think my dogs appreciate the ensemble as much as I would hope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this outfit, simple and elegant, wonderful details - no wonder you felt happy in it