Monday, March 24, 2008

Ensemble du Jour

The Outfit
My outfit today was all about color and texture. Wait a second, isn't that what it's about most of the time?

Anyway, I love the teal peacock color even more so because it's velvet. I don't want to ensconce myself in velvet but an awesome jacket in a sumptuous color? Yes!



This is actually a piece from the Erin Featherstone Go International collection. The skirt is a stretchy black skirt and I'm wearing a black camisole with lace edging underneath.



Great detailing on this.



Lace is a big part of the inspiration today is lace and what better jewelry than an artisan-made lace necklace from Cursive. You should really check out her stuff. It's so cool.



I did work in a bit of subtle snarky-ness with my lacy yet creepy Anatomica Arm bracelet.



The Focal Point
You're going to think it's the shoes, but really it was the teal colored tights that inspired me today. I had been thinking about wearing my Jimmy Choo Voyage boots for a while since I've been so happy with the Sam Edelman boots.

Normally I would never wear these with a skirt, just pants. But they are too lovely not to be seen. Saturated colored tights pair well with them. I had been thinking a deep purple, which I thought I had, but I couldn't find them. I found the teal tights and had forgotten about them.

Voila!



These are really stunning boots. They might possibly be the first pair of designer shoes I ever bought and kick-ed off my deep and abiding love of Jimmy Choo shoes. I love so many of their heels.



What's not to love about glowing creamy satin topped with black lace?



They have an amazing heel too and I love, love, love the back zips.



Don't these look great with the teal?



They're pretty high too but so well designed that they are not bad to walk in. I was walking and standing a lot today and these were good all day.



And just to inspire you, I think these may have been an eBay find. So, you never know what you are going to find on there.

4 comments:

WendyB said...

Beautiful, beautiful boots!

Poochie said...

You can tell I adore them. I took like a million pictures of them.

Luv
Poochie

la petite fashionista said...

LOVE the bold colors & accessories. Is that anatomy bracelet from paraphernailia (sp?) on etsy? so goth-y cool. the lace adorned boots are fabulous..
xoxo

Poochie said...

It is from Paraphernalia. I love them. They're so creepy!

Luv
Poochie