Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Family Resemblance

I just happened to stop into Old Navy yesterday and was utterly surprised at the amazing range of new items that are in for Spring and Summer. The store just exploded with color and cute prints. From the shoes and bags to printed shorts and dresses everything just vibrated with color and fun. But it was also tempered with some lovely peaceful, gauzy white dresses, tops and jackets.

Some of my favorites from what I saw were the following. Almost all of these come in other colors and patterns so check them out online or in the store.

I love this color green. I think when I pull out the new stuff I've bought and all of my existing clothes, I'm going to find this color all over the place. It's such a great color green for the warmer months.


I would pair that shrug with this top and then the cute printed shorts below.



How cute is this pattern?


They had a TON of cute clutch purses, some with wooden handles like this one or that had a handle but folded over into a smaller clutch. So fun and summery. I got a pink and orange patterned one that matches a pair of the satin ballet flats.


I also got this wrap dress which comes in an aqua toned version of the pattern. I think this will be great to dress up or down with the flat black sandals I show below, which I also got.






I got this basic safari skirt in the classic khaki here and then a dark more olivey color. I'm sure they will get tons of wear during the summer with my solid tops.




You can really see the Banana Republic/Gap/Old Navy family resemblance in these printed flats. You can't beat the fact that these are less than $20 but have a good satin-y fabric and great colors schemes. I could have bought every version of these but limited myself to only two. That's not too bad, right?






Typically I'm not a huge fan of this style of sandal but it just looked so cool and effortless, I thought I would give them a try. For $15 why not, right? I was torn between the colors they had and almost bought the white as well but I had to restrain myself.




More cute color combos!






I was really surprised by the jewelry they had out. Now I know this isn't fine stuff here, but to knock about in I think it's awfully cute.

I got 3 of these white and "gold" enameled bamboo bangles and then 1 pink one I can mix in.



I came sooo close to buying this ring. Maybe I'll go back and get it.



Wouldn't this bangle be a perfect "safari chic" addition?



And I think this bracelet is just like something you would find a JCrew nowadays. So why pay $50+ when you can pay less than $10?



There are so many other colors and pieces in the store. You really have to go and check them all out.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love your choices and your blog!
I'll have to head over to Old Navy and check out their wares!

Gi said...

The white-belt like bangle looks almost like the Hermes enamel H bangle I wear daily (Mine is yellow with palladium plating). Sadly I no longer live in North America and cannot buy most of the stuff featured :(

Poochie said...

GiGi
That is how I feel about some of the UK stores. I wish they would ship to the US.

Your bracelet sounds lovely!

Luv
Poochie

Shelley Jaffe said...

Thanks so much for the Old Navy update - I haven't really looked in awhile, as I wasn't too crazy about their winter line. But I love that khaki skirt. And those shoes? Divine!