Friday, March 14, 2008

Ensemble du Jour

I just realized that, not only have I not posted up any outfit pics in the last few days, but that when I did them on Polyvore, they were all in shades of blues/greens.

On Wednesday I word a heather teal sweater from Old Navy with a brown skirt. I layered on a teal vintage bead necklace.



I did something to my ankle so I've been wearing flats the remainder of this week. On Wednesday I wore these tweedy flats from Target. They're actually from the kid's line, but, hey, they were cheap.



Yesterday I wore a black jersey tie-waist skirt with a black camisole. Over it I layered a bright blue vintage Lacoste men's cardigan. It looks kind of cute here, but I'm not sure I was really feeling it. The sweater is a great color but it's kind of bulky in the arms. I may have to experiment with this.





I'm hoping I didn't look too vintage fashion victim-y. For some reason, I was thinking wearing the bright blue, black and then these crazy vintage loafers looked kind of funky and cool. Maybe I just looked like I fell into a Rat Pack's Goodwill pile. Who knows.

I just got these loafers from eBay. They're a bit crazy. They're black patent with this faux leopard/giraffe "fur" accent. In a way, I kind of dig them but, then again, they maybe a "bit" over the top

After some of that craziness, I am kind of plain and just comfortable today. Gap jeans and a v-neck knit top in kelly green, my vintage Trifari owl necklace and some of the new satin-y printed flats from Old Navy.


I've had a few folks ask me if I'm celebrating St. Patrick's day early because of the green today. If anything, I'm celebrating my lovely new Alto bag from Dooney.

It's so pretty. I love the size and the color is a great emerald green. It has great hardware but it is something I will use
for a good 10 years.



Any big St. Patrick's Day celebrations planned?

9 comments:

Danielle said...

I'm grooving on today's outfit. All of the green just makes me want winter to be over with already.

I normally don't like Dooney, but lately, I've been seeing that Hayden Panettiere ad with the bag that she supposedly designed with them and I *want* it. I'm currently weighing the option of taking my glorious tax refund that was earmarked for paying down the mortgage principal and investing in the kids' 529 accounts (and my IRA acct) and getting that bag.

But I probably won't. The practical side of me, who is all for equity and savings will win out.

I am free to covet your green bag though. It is lovely.

Poochie said...

Thank you Daniela.

Green is a good color for me. I have two other Dooneys that I have had for at least 5+ years and they still look great. I'm not an "it" bag girl. I like these because they aren't overly fussy or dated but they have a good color and details. My other two are a sky blue shoulder bag, also and Alto but with a black rubber bottom, and then a rectangular croc print brown leather bag with bamboo handles. Have two small Dooneys in the "IT" bag pattern but have grown tired of them now. They were more fun than good investments.

Luv
Poochie

Dog Friendly Dallas said...

Wow, I LOVE that bag! And I'm totally not a bag person! I don't suppose it has a cross-body strap though.

Poochie said...

No, it doesn't, but the handles are a pretty good length.

Luv
Poochie

WendyB said...

I still love your owl. I like the crazy leopard shoes too.

Poochie said...

He does have a sweet face, doesn't he. I love to hold him. He's so fat and happy.

Luv
Poochie

Robin said...

Love, love, love the vintage loafers. They are amazing! What a great find!

Also love the green bag. God your wardrobe is amazing. I've probably said that before...

Essentially Me said...

This blog is great!

Poochie said...

Thank you! You are so sweet!
Luv
Poochie