Thursday, September 27, 2007

Ensemble du Jour

The Outfit
Still hot here which stinks but because I got my new "designer" shoes from Payless I wanted to wear a pair and try them out. Which is how I ended up with the brown theme and the layers.

I'm wearing a light dark brown Merona skirt from Target, my cap-sleeve "Cameo" shirt from Etsy.com, the faux leather jacket from Target and my new Payless Finsbury heels in brown.



The Focal Point
Since it gets kind of chilly in my office (and I'm bored to death of all of my warm weather tops) I grabbed my new jacket. I love the seam detailing and slight puff to the shoulder.



I have to say I'm impressed with these shoes from Payless. They were comfortable and were done really well for their low price. I did wear stockings with them because I wasn't sure how comfortable they would be all day. The girls in the office liked them a lot and we debated about the lack of breathability that their man-made materials could have. But since these are mostly cool weather shoes, I'll probably wear them with tights, so that should help some.



But the Birshin style I was not impressed with. I have a high arch and found them uncomfortable. Plus the pseudo-patent leather parts look cheap and plastic-y. If they had just done a t-strap with out those or the plastic looking platform, I think they would have been much better. Also, a buckle instead of elastic for the ankle strap part.



I took these back to the store. It was very easy to do the return, so that's good. We'll have to keep our eye on how Payless progresses with these designer collections.

No comments: