Sunday, September 16, 2007

Jewels at the Emmy's

I'm not a bit celebrity hound or fashion tracker, but I took a quick flip through some of the Emmy pictures and it was great to see so much bright jewel colors. They made everyone look vibrant and happy.

I think Heidi Klum's dress was one of the best. It's a great color and it totally suits her shape. Plus, I love that she paired this burgundy with dark purple shoes.



America Ferrera can tell Glamour to go stuff it. She looks great is this bold color. No retouching needed.



Helen Mirren is gorgeous, as always, in a regal purple (I know, bad pun). By the way, what's up with Sandra Oh? I think she has lost a ton of weight. I hope she doesn't go too far. She's looked so healthy and strong in the past.



Kristen Bell, I don't know who you are but I love your dress and its color. This reminds me of the vintage yellow dress Renee Z. wore a few years ago. It's drapey but she's obviously thin enough to make pull it off.



Mary-Louise Parker is very smoldery in a tight red (my favorite color for evening wear) satin dress. I hope she is comfortable enough to sit down though! Ilike her bag too.



Minnie Driver is another personal favorite and she looks surprisingly good in yellow. It's not a color I can wear and I'm surprised that she looks so good in it. At least in this photo. Andshe has a great cuff bracelet to toughen it up.



I'm sure there are the fashion commentators who would say that the red carpet has been boring and too safe, but I don't think there is anything wrong with looking pretty and making good choices. I can't pull any inspiration for dresses for me, but I hope some of the color works its way into the market.

No comments: