Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Sock Dreams

I think even more than some of their shoes and clothes this season, the Prada color block knee socks have captured the attention of the market. The unique style and fearless use of color is extremely strong in a time when creating an eclectic look is so valued.

I think it also has to do with being a sophisticated take on the "school-girl" look as well as the fact that we don't see people really using all of the accessory options that are out there.

I personally love socks, stockings, hats and gloves but it is surprising how little they are worn in this day and age. Which is a shame because there are so many beautiful options out there, especially in hosiery. But most people seem to be content with going the easy, simpler route and not having to bother with adding those options on.



I don't think I'm ready to go for the Prada footless sock with open toes combo, but I am ready to get to wearing cute tights and knee and over-the-knee socks this fall. Especially with my new Miu Miu Naplak heels.



These are such, soft almost pastel, colors for the Fall palette, but just delicious. I bought, from Sock Dreams, a bunch of over the knee socks to wear with them and skirts. Since I also have some other brown wingtip heels in tan and brown, as well as some chunky black and burgundy mary janes, I'm sure I'll have tons of color combos to work with.




Now I just need to get more skirts to wear with them. The Tabio socks mentioned on Kingdom of Style are the closest I've seen to the actual Prada socks. I may have to get a few of these because their colors are perfect to match some of the plaid skirts I already have and will also go with my argyle sweaters (which I can't wait to break out!). The color banding on the arch and top is the best part.



Target also has a ton of great opaque stockings and knee-socks out right now. I bought stockings in dark brown ribbed, teal, red, orange and purple. I also got some fun orange argyle socks. They will be a great jolt of color during the winter when I am wearing darker color clothes.

Now's the time to get them, they're very inexpensive - perfect for a seasonal item.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that you in the picture with the white shoes? If so, are they comfortable? I remember seeing them on zappos recently and was considering buying them, but now I can't even remember the brand..
About the Miu's..I think this is the first time I've ever experienced shoe jealousy!

Poochie said...

No it's not me, but they are awfully cute and look comfortable. Where on Zappos did you see them?

I do love my Miu Miu's. I've been holding off on wearing them. I'm not sure how much longer I can wait!
Luv
Poochie

Anonymous said...

Hello, I realize this post is from a while ago, but sock dreams has something really close to the Prada style toe less socks now. Thought you might be interested. :)http://www.sockdreams.com/_shop/pages/accessories_detail_ProductID_1359.php