Monday, October 1, 2007

Bowling Chick Chic

I didn't have much to report shoes wise on Friday because I was working "behind the scenes" for my client. Basically running around and carrying stuff. So I work my jeweled Target flats. I was carrying a bunch of heavy boxes, so no heels for me.

But later that afternoon we had a fun work outing - Bowling!

I know lots of companies go bowling for team blend events, but I actually like bowling, although I don't go that often. As long as the place isn't really smokey, I have fun with it.

I even like the shoes!

Okay, not the skanky used shoe element but I like the colors of the really retro-looking ones. The sad fact is that they usually run small and I end up with kids shoes (size 4!) and mine have Velcro straps instead of laces.

Cool. I know.



And, you know I need to do something to show off a bit so I got a Hello Kitty bowling ball (Oh no she didn't! Oh yes, I did!)

Look how cute!!!!



Hello Kitty!

Oh, and yeah, I got the matching bag. I mean, come on! You have to get the matching Hello Kitty bowling bag.



Yes, yes, I was going to get shoes, of course, but the options out there are not good. They don't have any of that retro charm and look more like orthopedic sneakers rather than the cool red and green combos.

I did turn up these as a potential options -



I like that they match my new bowling ball and I could totally dress them up with some funky laces, but they are women's and start at a size 5. I'm worried they will be too big.

The other option I found are these -



They still have the pink and being paired with black is cool too.

What I really want to find is a pair of vintage dead stock actual bowling shoes.

I think I'm going to have to keep hunting. Oh, and go bowling more than twice a year, I guess.

No comments: