Monday, October 29, 2007

Store Focus: Tops for Shoes

This past weekend I visited Asheville. This is the second time I had been there and it was a really great trip. During our previous trip it was June and pretty warm, even for the mountains but this was a perfect Fall weekend. We drove through tons of rain, but as we passed into Asheville, the sky was clear and the sun was shining.

It was a great change from home and I was finally able to wear some of my new sweaters, although, not many heels. We just do so much walking around that it really isn't feasible. Plus, Asheville is a very laid-back, somewhat hippy-ish town. Earth Shoes, Birkenstocks or Clarks are more common than Manolos or Louboutins. If they are wearing shoes at all.

But there is one very notable and large shoe store - Tops for Shoes.



This shoe store takes up an entire block and the inside is a maze of different rooms and, when I went, was filled with customers. As you can see from their site, their product line is more focused on the comfort end of the shoe scale, so it really wasn't for me, but they do carry some of the more fun designers like Marc Jacobs and Poetic License. And they ship in the US.

If you are in Asheville and have some time, I would recommend checking them out. One thing to note, they don't carry much at all below a size 6, so if you wear a smaller size like me, don't get too hopeful.

No comments: