Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Imitation = Flattery?

Okay, now I'm really ticked off!

My love for Miu Miu's shoes this Fall has been well documented (here, here, and here). Look at the inspired and elegant design and colors of the Miu Miu shoes. The colors are balanced and the material is of a quality that keeps a design that could be "busy" or too masculine looking classy and feminine.



Even the more exuberant color combinations and styles look quirky and fun.



And these shoes are like no other ones out there for Fall. There was a lot of menswear styles being put out, but these were unmistakable. And I fell for them hard.



Now Steve Madden, the notorious design thief (past offenses here and here), has finally crossed my line with "his" new Spec heels!

WTF?!?!?

They look cheap and plastic and, while some of his color combinations are okay, most of them are TACKY!







These are not all of the color combinations available, there are more on the site. But I think these last two are the worst! The actually offend me!





Can we say "clown shoes"?

Ugh!

Can somebody please sue this company already? I like nice styles that are affordable but I don't like blatant theft of intellectual property.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just passing by!
i like your blog :)

i´m a shoelover too

hugs n kisses from Mx!

Poochie said...

Thank you so much! You're a sweetie!

Luv
Poochie