Thursday, October 4, 2007

Ensemble du Jour

The Outfit(s)

I've been slack with my outfits again, but to tell you the truth, I've been feeling crummy so I haven't been feeling very inspired. Plus the weather has been very warm still with rain off and on. Generally just annoying.

The other day I was wearing a black skirt and top with patterned hose. I should have taken a picture because otherwise this looks even more boring! The hose were neat though - skin tone with black outlines of roses - so they looked almost tattooed on. Paired that with my Steve Madden double strap mary janes.

Today I'm wearing all white, but my skirt has a very graphic almost Indian pattern in black, then edged in white pom-poms. The shoes are black patent mary janes from Target. I'm also wearing a vintage pin I just got this weekend.




The Focal Point

So I know they're kind of tame but the pattern in both instances is what first jumps out at you. Here's a close-up of the actual skirt I'm wearing:



I love how the pattern is the somewhat formal traditional motif contrasted with the cheeky pom-poms. I definitely need more pom-pom embellishments in my wardrobe!

No comments: